Friday, May 25, 2012

Really Dude You Are a ......

Last night I was hosting a party and while I was getting my things and getting out of the car a guy rides up next to me in a beautiful convertible 6 series BMW.  The kind of car that you simply cannot miss.  I saw the car and did an internal "OOH" and continued on gathering my things to go into the party.  While I was finishing up, the guy opens and closes the convertible top on the car while talking loud on his cell phone about his "business deals."  He gives me a quick "hi" and I say hi back, but I keep it moving into the event that I am already running a bit late for.


While in the party the guy finds me and keeps saying "hi."  It is awkward because I have already said hi to him and I am wondering --- are you at a loss for words or is this really all the game that you have?  I have been married for a while now; so maybe I am not quite as patient with men when they are trying to get their game up.  I want to scream so bad "dude what is it that you want!?!?"


On my way out after the event I am talking to the security guard at the door about an intricate tattoo that he has on his arm.  My brother loves tattoos so whenever I see someone with some great ink I love to ask about where they got it done and why.  While talking to the security guard, BMW dude says "hi" yet again.  By now I have tired of him and  I just nod and keep on with my conversation about tattoos with security.


Why did I hear BMW guy say to his friend --- "she talking to security. Did she see what I pulled up in?"  Really dude!?!  Maybe for some women your ability to spread out the payments on an expensive car and push a button to raise and lower the top is enough to have them fawn over you, but I tend to be drawn to people that are interesting.  Dude was not interesting. He was a jerk.



Is having expensive things really enough to get a woman's attention? Are we losing the ability to really flirt because of social media and cell phones?


Thoughts???



LaDawn Black is a relationship expert, author and media personality. Cocoa Mommalicious is her forum for sharing tales from the mommy lines, love lines and life lines. For more information visit www.ladawnblack.com .

2 comments:

  1. Society today runs on materialistic image. Women that responds to the ignorance us what keeps it going and its a shame. Everyone loves to have nice things but it doesn't make the person

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiddenbymasks:

    I agree that we as women to a certain degree have trained men to put what they have ahead of who they are. I think both men and women need to learn to look deeper. Thanks for commenting!!!

    ReplyDelete