Saturday, September 1, 2012

Bravo Morgan!


 
 
My guilty pleasure television show is definitely Single Ladies on VH1.  I didn't watch the first season because the mix of the bad acting from Stacey Dash and Lisa Raye would have made my head explode, but with Stacey gone and Denise Vasi on board (I think she is soooo a breath of fresh air) I am loving the show this year.  Personally, I feel it is much closer to the fun and fabulousness of Sex in the City than Girlfriends was and the show definitely seems to have a strong base on which to grow.
 
 
The biggest reason that I am loving the show this season is --- Cassandra Freeman as Morgan.  Finally, we have a show that dares to add a beautiful, sexy and intelligent brown sista with your typical light skin light eye TV babes and she more than holds her own.  Often on these shows, the brown girl is overweight, not quite as pretty or so hood that you can't see the pretty and it simply is not fair. Bravo to the Single Ladies team for recognizing black beauty in all its forms and giving us a beauty that is real -- that can give the other ladies some real hotness competition.  Black women come in many beautiful shades and Single Ladies is getting it right!!!!
 
 
ps - I am team Sean.  What was Keisha thinking?
 
 
LaDawn Black is a relationship expert, author and media personality. Cocoa Mommalicious is her forum for sharing tales from the mommy lines, love lines and life lines. For more information visit www.ladawnblack.com .
 


No comments:

Post a Comment